Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have a statement of faith?
Yes, we do:
-There is one God who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
-Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures.
-The Holy Spirit is a divine person sent to convict men of sin, and to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer.
-The Bible (Old and New Testaments), without error as originally given, were inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and life.
-Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God. He fell through disobedience. All men are born with a sinful nature, and separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
-Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ and those who repent and believe in Him are born of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
2. Do you talk about God in your classes?
3. Is it okay for students who aren't Christians to attend your events?
Yes, all students are welcomed.
4. Are your classes taught from a Christian / young Earth Creationist worldview?
Yes, they are, and we also teach students to think critically, to reason, to think through issues. They should be able to defend what they believe.
5. Does that mean they're less rigorous classes?
No, quite the contrary - they are very challenging courses.
6. Do students receive a final grade for a class?
Yes, students receive a final grade for the class in their gradebook online.
7. If a family has Landry credit can they use it to pay part of the fee for intensives or online classes?
Yes, If your family has Landry credit and would like to use it to cover part of the fee for lab intensives and online classes, please email Greg for instructions. Please include your name, city, and state with "Landry credit"
in the subject line.
8. If I should need to cancel my child's registration, what's your cancellation policy?
For Online Classes & Online Labs:
- The online class / lab fee is refundable at 75% until 90 days prior to the first class / lab, or we can give you a 100% voucher for another class / lab (or anything we offer) that can be used anytime (does not expire) by any of your children. From 90 days prior to the first class / lab through the first week of classes / labs, the fee is refundable at 50% or we can give you a 100% voucher for another class / lab (or anything we offer) that can be used anytime (does not expire) by any of your children. After the first week of classes / labs there is no refund.
9. You offer two types of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics online classes; "Life Prep" and "College Prep" - what's the difference?
"Life prep" Biology, Chemistry, and Physics online classes are standard high school level classes that are less rigorous than our "college prep" classes and are specifically designed to be interesting and appealing to "non-science" students - students who are either; 1) not going to be science majors in college, or 2) are not planning on going to college. It gives students a firm foundation and basic understanding of the subject. It prepares them for life - to move into adulthood with a keen understanding and appreciation of God's magnificent creation! It is similar in intensity to a standard public or private high school class
The depth, breadth, and pedagogy of many college-prep Biology, Chemistry, and Physics classes leaves many "non-science" students frustrated, uninterested, and ultimately learning very little. I find that students in this situation often miss the big picture and they don't have an overall understanding of the subject matter that is so critical in these sciences. They can't see the forest because they're lost in the trees. Our "life prep" classes enable students to see the forest and will allow them to learn science through the lens of their God-given interests and talents.
10. Should a student who is attending your 2-week online laboratory intensive (for Biology / Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, or Physics) do so before, during, or after they take the actual class for that subject?
Its fine in all those situations...
- Before a student takes the class
- While a student is taking the class
- Or after a student has taken the class
When taking the class after attending our lab intensive, the class material will be much easier to comprehend - because students already understand the application of what they're learning in classes. In the lab intensive we provide the background material students need for the lab.
For students who have taken the class prior to our lab intensive, these labs will bring their book knowledge to life.
11. Do students need any special equipment to attend your online classes?
No, just a good internet connection.
12. Are students required to attend your online classes at the live time?
No. While we do encourage students to attend the live class when possible, they are not required to. They are not penalized in any way for not attending the live classes, but they should watch the class recording every week. The class recording is posted to the student's class page within 3 hours after the live class and is available to students 24/7. We have many students who, because of schedule conflicts, are not able to attend some or all live classes.
13. Do your online classes include labs?
Yes. Over a period of a year we built an interactive online laboratory that students love. Most public schools and colleges now use virtual labs to some degree. Students are able to actually perform tasks in the lab - It's a very realistic experience for students who are able to experience and participate in many labs not typically possible before college for high school students.
14. Do you offer early registration or sibling discounts?
We open registration for the upcoming homeschool year in January with the largest early registration discount. That discount decreases every week and ends in March. I'm sorry but we don't offer sibling discounts.
15. Do you have an academic calendar for the 2021-22 school year?
We offer two academic semesters through the typical homeschool year:
2021-22 Homeschool Year
Fall 2021 Semester Schedule
Classes begin week of September 6, 2021
Fall break week of October 11, 2021
Thanksgiving break week of November 22, 2021
Final week of fall classes ends December 10, 2021
Spring 2022 Semester Schedule
Classes begin week of January 17, 2022
Spring break week of February 28, 2022
Easter break week of April 11, 2022
Final week of spring classes ends April 22, 2022