Homeschool Moms Science Podcast
The purpose of this podcast to encourage and equip homeschool moms to teach science (6th - 12th grade) and to make it interesting and enjoyable for students (and mom).
- We'll discuss interesting and unique aspects of teaching Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Anatomy & Physiology.
- We'll also cover teaching science to your children who aren't going to college or who won't be college science majors, preparing students for college science, and preparing students for the ACT.
- We'll discuss the ins and outs of creating good lab reports.
- I'll draw on my years of teaching university students and homeschooled students to tell you some great stories (including cadaver lab stories)!
- And much more.
- Order of middle school and high school science classes
- How to teach science to "non-science" students vs. college-bound science majors.
- What my wife and I learned about getting our homeschooled children through the college experience
- How your children can benefit from daily graphing and how to teach it
- How to write good lab reports and mistakes to avoid
- Stories from the cadaver lab
- How and why to teach the metric system
- My experience with homeschoolers as a college professor
- Top homeschool science mistakes and how to avoid them
- What you don't know about college sports scholarships for average homeschool athletes
- How to teach cellular respiration
- What my wife and I learned from searching for colleges for our homeschooled daughters
- What your students should know about basic statistics
- Why and how to teach measurement
- Should you take the ACT and SAT?
- How to prepare for each section of the ACT
- And much more
- Listen to the podcast with your children or listen alone and use the information for your teaching.
- Want to be notified when episodes are available? Click here to join our email list.
- A new episode is available every Tuesday morning.
- Send us your questions, comments, or topics you'd like us to cover.
We'd Love to Put YOUR Voice on the Podcast!
1. Is there a particular topic you'd like discussed on the podcast
"Hey Greg, this is Jennifer in Raleigh, North Carolina. I'm a homeschool mom and would love to hear you discuss when you think students should take Biology and if you think all students should take Physics. Thanks, I love the podcast."
2. Or, just let us know you're enjoying the podcast
"Hello Greg, this is Kim in Belle Rose, Louisiana. I'm a homeschool mom and I look forward to your podcast every week - thanks!"
Our 24/7 Voicemail Line for Podcast Feedback
It will go straight to voicemail 24 hours a day - call anytime
Former College Professor