Thoughts on Daughters.. and Sons
Updated: Feb 16
© Greg Landry 2023. For permission to reprint in blogs, newsletters, web sites, etc. please contact Greg Landry.
I tear-up every time I get email from one of my homeschool science students this semester. Why? There's a line at the bottom of all her email messages which reads...
"A girl needs to be so lost in God, that the guy is going to have to seek HIM to find her!"
This young lady gets it - she REALLY gets it!
Like many of you, we have daughters. They're now 16 and 20 years-old. Since they were babies, my wife and I have been praying for their future husbands. We have impressed upon them over the years that the kind of guy they want to spend the rest of their lives with.. the guy that God has for them, is the kind of guy who will be attracted to a girl who is "lost in God."
He's the guy who will be attracted to a young lady who loves the Lord with all her heart, soul, mind, and strength. A young lady whose thoughts, words, actions, and dress are pure. A young lady who is "in the world, but not of the world".
A while back I gave this to my daughters. I compiled and combined it from several similar pieces I've read over the years..
- Wait for the guy who pursues you, the kind of guy who brings out the best in you and makes you want to be a better woman.
- Wait for the guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot.
- Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead and wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats.
- Wait for the guy who holds your hand in front of his friends and thinks you're just as pretty without makeup.
- Wait for the guy who turns to his friends and says, "that's her."
Wait for the guy who will be your best friend, the person who will drop everything to be with you.
- Wait for the guy who praises God for you and encourages you in your daily walk.
..and most importantly, wait for the guy who is more in love with God than with you.